Overlooking your company’s online well-being can be a crucial mistake that can cost your business both financially and legally. Luckily, the experienced team of cybersecurity experts at RJ2 have your back.
Here’s our 10 Tips for Staying Safe Online:
- Keep tabs on your apps. Update your systems and device applications regularly.
- Beware of unknown links or attachments in emails. When in doubt, alert your IT or Security Team.
- Change the manufacturer’s default passwords on all of your software and network devices.
- Ensure websites are SSL-secure (https:// vs http://) before making any financial transactions online.
- Practice good password management. Refresh passwords every 30 days for all accounts. Security teams, enable Multi-Factor Authentication for all users.
- Continuously update your personal and company-wide privacy settings. Compliance is an ongoing endeavor!
- Sensitive browsing such as online banking or e-commerce shopping should only be done on a device that belongs to you.
- Keep up-to-date on industry trends. Patch vulnerabilities in your devices and software as soon as they become available.
- Back up your data regularly onsite and offsite.
- Before connecting to Wi-Fi, take the necessary precautions before accessing corporate or other sensitive data.